Friday, January 13, 2012

Confessions

I am a terrible swimmer.

But that's not a confession.  Everyone knows that.  I have something much darker and shameful than that.


I wear noseplugs.


I know.  I feel terrible.  When we first signed up for group swim sessions this past summer, I decided that there was no way I was going to show up and put on noseplugs.  So I gave that a shot, and almost drowned halfway through the first length.  I made the decision that swimming with noseplugs was better (if only moderately) than letting Caroline gain a competitive advantage through my death by drowning.

Last night, however, I experienced a sensation I have not before.  I absolutely hated my noseplugs.  So I took them off, and didn't really drown all that badly.  Maybe this is a new trend.  Maybe I have finally become a bit less terrible of a swimmer (I am not faster...but I look faster).  We'll have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment