Monday, July 25, 2011

Tour de Victoria

I wrote this up, and forgot to hit "post".  Here it is.  A few months late.

First inaugural Tour de Victoria this weeekend year.   I'll cut to the chase.  The results are:

140 km
1400m elevation gain

Caroline              :   5:09
Matt                    :   4:34
Ryder Hesjedal   :    4:03

Next year, Ryder.  Watch out.  Caroline's got you in her sights.

The Tour was fantastic.  Incredibly fast. Lots of good hills and twisty downs.  And I imagine that if I hadn't been watching the wheel in front of me the whole time, it would have been very picturesque.  You can find the routes here.

The rest of the weekend was spent sleeping, eating, and...watching more biking.   We ended up catching a few crit races on Sunday, one of which was the Cat 1/2/3 (ie pro) mens devision.  That was awesome.  I don't think I ever want to be a crit racer.  Although they look awfully cool:

2011.05.28 TdV (19)

No comments:

Post a Comment